- Judicial Conference of the Untied States 4 Circuit Court of Appeals
- American the College of Trial Lawyers
- NMR&S Designated Representative to the Center for Public Resources, Inc. (1990-2000)
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Burns McDonald Bradford Erwin and Patrick, Greenwood, SC (1964-1985)
- Partner: Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, (1984-2002)
Alternative Dispute Resolution Activities:
- CPR Panel of Distinguished Neutrals (1994-1998)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Practitioner (2003- Present )
- Representative of South Carolina Supreme Court to Conference on Dispute Resolution in State Courts June 25-26, 1993 sponsored by The National Institute for Dispute Resolution;
- Member of Dispute Resolution Committee of American College of Trial Lawyers (1994-1995);
- Harvard Mediation Workshop June 14-19, 1993, Co-chair South Carolina Supreme Court Joint Commission on Alternative Dispute Resolution (1994-2000)
- Member of South Carolina Supreme Court Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification
- Representative to National Symposium on Court Connected Dispute Resolutions sponsored by National Center for State Courts, October 15-16, 1993
- Attendee American Bar Association Conference on Reaching Common Ground
- A Summit on Civil Justice System Improvements, December 13-14, 1993 Member of American Bar Association Special Committee on Youth Education for Citizenship (1990-1994).
- Representative of the Dispute Resolution Section of the American Bar Association to the ABA Ad Hoc Committee on Civil Justice Improvements (1995)
- Member of AAA Complex Litigation Panel (1998-2001)
- Member Dispute Resolution Committee of the American College of Trial Lawyers (1995-1996).
- Included in the 2004-2007 editions of The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White).
- Pepperdine University Summer Dispute Resolution Advanced Mediation Skills Workshop (June 17-19, 2004)
- 2012 CC. “Cotton” Harness, III Peace Award